Friday, November 20, 2009

Twilight troubles

Let me start by saying I have not read any Twilight books nor seen either film.

I only know about it from the general buzz and media hype that goes with something that captures the interest of the masses.

However, I read an interesting piece by up-and-coming fantasy writer Duncan Lay on his blog about some of the troubling aspects of unhealthy messages young women may be getting about relationships.

I found it quite an interesting perspective but I'd like to know what some Twilight fans think. Are some people reading too much into the storyline or are there some validity to concerns raised?


1 comment:

Farmers Wifey said...

Sorry, I can't get into Twilight, but ask me ANYTHING about Trueblood......

Things I like

  • Being eco-aware
  • Chocolate
  • Generosity
  • Good food and good wine
  • Kindness and courtesy
  • Laughing out loud
  • Openminded people
  • People who are true to themselves
  • Spending time with friends
  • Sunshine and blue skies

Things I don't like

  • Broken promises
  • Pointless arguments
  • Uncontrolled anger
  • Homelessness
  • Poverty
  • War and conflict
  • Lightning and thunder
  • Small minded people
  • Discrimination on any basis
  • Over inflated egos
  • Mean-spirited people