Friday, October 23, 2009

Second generation

I spent a few days with my mum last week when it was her birthday. She still lives near where I grew up - a three hour drive from my current home.

During our stay, XY4 developed a bad cough so we headed to a chemist that I have visited since I was about 8. Of course, it has changed hands a few times since then but I almost fell over when saw that it still has the same children's ride that I enjoyed!

The ``Little Rodeo'' was a lovely grey horse that galloped along to the sounds of Herb Alpert's Spanish Flea. My brother and I regularly had a ride and that tune was embedded in me. Even now if I hear it I'm taken back to that mechanical horse.

While the music no longer plays, the Little Rodeo gallops as well as ever - as XY4 found out. Better still, its cost also harks back to the 70s at 20 cents a ride. That is priceless!

1 comment:

Kate Moore said...

Oh how sweet that it's still there. That's precious.

Things I like

  • Being eco-aware
  • Chocolate
  • Generosity
  • Good food and good wine
  • Kindness and courtesy
  • Laughing out loud
  • Openminded people
  • People who are true to themselves
  • Spending time with friends
  • Sunshine and blue skies

Things I don't like

  • Broken promises
  • Pointless arguments
  • Uncontrolled anger
  • Homelessness
  • Poverty
  • War and conflict
  • Lightning and thunder
  • Small minded people
  • Discrimination on any basis
  • Over inflated egos
  • Mean-spirited people