Friday, September 4, 2009

The award goes to . . .


Today I was surprised to receive a pat on the back from a fellow blogger in the form of an Over The Top award. I'm amazed. Thank you Farmers Wife who described my efforts and and five other blogs as: ''Fun, interesting and definately worth a cuppa tea and a read!''

It is good to know Bared Nikkers does more than provide me with a source of entertainment! I was just starting to wonder whether there was any real reason to keep on blogging - apart from it being a cost effective form of therapy, place of self reflection and antidote to feeling socially isolated - and now Farmers Wife has given me some real encouragement to keep at it. As part of the award, recipients have to copy the following questions and change the answers to suit them and pass it on. The catch is only one word answers are allowed and it has to be passed on. Here goes:

1. Where is your cell phone? Handbag

2. Your hair? Thick

3. Your mother? Priceless

4. Your father? Regressed

5. Your favorite food? Vietnamese

6. Your dream last night? Forgettable

7. Your favorite drink? Tea

8. Your dream/goal? Security

9. What room are you in? Nook

10. Your hobby? Genealogy

11. Your fear? Embarrassment

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Happy

13. Where were you last night? Home

14. Something that you aren’t? Thin

15. Muffins? Blueberry

16. Wish list item? Holiday

17. Where did you grow up? Abermain

18. Last thing you did? Ate

19. What are you wearing? PJs

20. Your TV? Old

21. Your pets? None

22. Friends? Missed

23. Your life? Rollercoaster

24. Your mood? Steady

25. Missing someone? Always

26. Vehicle? Sold

27. Something you’re not wearing? Bra

28. Your favorite store? Myer

29. Your favorite color? Blue

30. When was the last time you laughed? Today

31. Last time you cried? Sunday

32. Your best friend? Mum

33. One place that I go to over and over? Past

34. One person who emails me regularly? Rachel

35. Favorite place to eat? Phuong

Now it is my duty to send this award to the blogs I can't do without. Namely,

Ramblings of a Political Tragic

katiecrackernuts

femina and

The Farmers Wife

And I must check out the blogs of my fellow award winners:

Semantically Driven Thoughs And Things A Red Neck Diva Buried With Children The Playground Observer

Thanks for making my day, Farmers Wife.

3 comments:

Kate Moore said...

Your answers are so quick and witty - man I miss that around the office.

Mac Yourselfathome said...

Hey that's me! Do I really have to answer all of those questions? It seems like, you know, work and stuff.
I'll see what I can come up with

Farmers Wifey said...

You deserve it! Your answers are great, it's kinda hard to come up with one word only. My hubby tried this out and it was truly painful....

Things I like

  • Being eco-aware
  • Chocolate
  • Generosity
  • Good food and good wine
  • Kindness and courtesy
  • Laughing out loud
  • Openminded people
  • People who are true to themselves
  • Spending time with friends
  • Sunshine and blue skies

Things I don't like

  • Broken promises
  • Pointless arguments
  • Uncontrolled anger
  • Homelessness
  • Poverty
  • War and conflict
  • Lightning and thunder
  • Small minded people
  • Discrimination on any basis
  • Over inflated egos
  • Mean-spirited people