Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fantasy now reality

I just heard how a former colleague of mine, Duncan Lay, has had his first book, The Wounded Guardian, published.

I didn't even know he was into the fantasy genre, let alone writing his own book. It's taken him quite a few years to get to this point. Anyone trying to get published may be interested to read about his journey at Secrets of a Fantasy Writer. He now has a three-book deal.

My partner reckons I've got a book or two in me, but I'm yet to be convinced. By Duncan's account, it's a hard slog.

Congratulations, Duncan. Good to know you got more out of all your commuting hours between the Central Coast and Sydney other than an intimate knowledge of CityRail!

2 comments:

Farmers Wifey said...

Congrats to your friend, it would be amazing to have something published. Thats also kinda a dream of mine...

Kate Moore said...

Thanks for the advice on Brisvegas. I'll see Gabby while there. I had dinner with her and partner Julian last time I was there. My sister lives in Brisbane so I am up there every six months or so. I love Paddington. Isn't it fabulous. Thought I'd spend a bit more time in New Farm and West End this visit.
Samoa-an adventure. Can't wait.

Things I like

  • Being eco-aware
  • Chocolate
  • Generosity
  • Good food and good wine
  • Kindness and courtesy
  • Laughing out loud
  • Openminded people
  • People who are true to themselves
  • Spending time with friends
  • Sunshine and blue skies

Things I don't like

  • Broken promises
  • Pointless arguments
  • Uncontrolled anger
  • Homelessness
  • Poverty
  • War and conflict
  • Lightning and thunder
  • Small minded people
  • Discrimination on any basis
  • Over inflated egos
  • Mean-spirited people